Summary: Keeps apartment building, or similar building, in clean and orderly condition. Tends to grounds and amenities daily, including painting and light maintenance repairs. Maintains appearance of the property so that it continuously creates a pleasing and positive impression by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures all dumpster areas are kept clean and free of debris and trash.
- Maintains a need and clean appearance in all apartment breezeway areas and mailbox areas.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls, and walks.
- Paints fences, handrails, curbs, fire-hydrants. Interior painting as requested. Knowledge of painting and paint equipment necessary.
- Ensures that the main marketing corridor comprised of the following areas is cleaned daily to achieve a neat appearance: Leasing office, model entry areas and clubhouse area.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor and the service team by performing minor maintenance activities.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space as necessary by property.
- Communicates with the Maintenance Supervisor about unsafe or hazardous environments on the property
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk.
- Removes and properly disposes pet waste.
- May be required to work weekends.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Green Leaf Partners is committed to providing exceptional service to our patrons. We continually strive to balance and meet the explicit needs of our residents, our employees, our partners, and the environment.
Apply for this job now.