Branch Customs Supervisor - VR/21325
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading independent logistics company and fast-growing freight forwarder, is looking for a Customs Supervisor for their team in Wakefield.
You will be directly responsible for the compliant production of UK import declarations, UK export declarations and the preparation of their corresponding French Import Declaration as produced by the branch team.
Main duties of the Customs Supervisor:
- Take responsibility for the accurate and timely creation of UK import declarations (non-network shipments), UK export declarations and their corresponding French import declarations for jobs controlled within the UK Branch environment.
- Be responsible in ensuring that customers are compliant and that they will be required to audit client masterdata as part of their compliance role.
- Resolve compliance problems, actively seeking innovative solutions to customer problems using your expertise and skill.
- Maintain a compliant customs clearance process within set lead times to achieve the growth and the profit objectives of the company.
- Develop and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, promoting the company's services.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the branch and work to improve through training and guidance, working closely with the Branch Manager to ensure gaps are minimized, taking care to maintain a positive team culture at all times.
- Create, develop and maintain any necessary training documentation to ensure compliance with the clearance process
Requirements for the position of Customs Supervisor:
- +3 years' operational customs experience, ideally at supervisory level, in a freight forwarding, customs broker, customs agency or the customs department inside your business' environment.
- Excellent practical knowledge of customs processes and regimes at an operational level.
- People person, who can clearly communicate ideas, concepts and processes both internally including customers and suppliers.
- Demonstration of a detailed understanding of key principles for the role e.g. import/export procedures, tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes (for example, CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar).
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of how industries, other countries and other disciplines impact trade flows and processes, including but not limited to: imports, exports, supply chain security programs/requirements)
- Demonstrate strong knowledge relating to customs compliance.
- Interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- You have an open, enthusiastic and flexible mindset and are used to working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-driven environment.
You will receive a salary of £35k plus annual bonus.
If you're interested in the Branch Customs Supervisor role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on #removed#
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing