Job Title: Windows Systems administrator
Location: Columbia, SC/ Augusta, GA
Duration: 6 Months (Possible extension)
Daily job responsibilities:
The Windows Systems administrator role involves troubleshooting / root cause analysis for areas including but not limited to
- Active Directory related issues DNS zone issues, sites/subnets review
- Microsoft Clustering issues
- Advanced server support
- Provide recommendations for configuration or other environment improvements
Must Have Experience:
- Windows Server 2016
- Hyper -V administration
- Active Directory
- Certificate Services
- Microsoft Server Setup and Configuration
- Microsoft Powershell scripting
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of applications/development, quality assurance and integration methodologies, concepts and facilities in a mainframe, midrange, and/or PC/LAN environment. Demonstrates a high level of technical proficiency in the areas of programming languages, platform capabilities, and methods of systems analysis and program design. Excellent analysis, decision-making, and problem solving skills. Demonstrates logical abstract thinking and assimilating/adhering to project goals and deadlines. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team. Strong knowledge of interpersonal skills/team building. Familiar with project management concepts. Ability to assess requirements, alternatives, and risks/benefits for low- to high-impact projects. Pays attention to detail. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors etc. In-depth understanding of organizational functions, behavior, and inter-relationships.
- 20% Produce deliverables related to the assigned project. Perform analysis, design, programming, and implementation of systems and procedures to solve complex business or scientific problems. Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area. Apply conversions and enhancements to business systems. May lead or provide expertise on assigned projects.
- 20% Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization s architectural standards. Assist in post-implementation support and system enhancements.
- 20% Develop design and functional specifications. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- 15% Design and develop IT systems. Devise new sources of data and develop new approaches and techniques. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting complex application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- 15% Provide guidance to lower level programmers/analysts. Act as an internal consultant by providing technical guidance on complex projects. Determine and resolve problems with other systems analysts, programmers, and systems users.
- 10% Test designed programs, verify logic, perform any necessary "debugging," and write the documentation.
- provided by Dice