We are looking for a Materials Specialist for one of our direct clients in Madison, WI 53718.
Job Title: Materials Specialist
Location: Madison, WI 53718
Work shift (days/times) - Monday-Friday, 830am-5pm
Required skill set - Experience in materials, buying/planning
Job Description Summary:
Recognized as key member of the Materials organization and acts as a first line of defense for the company with regards to planning, inventory optimization, and serves as a key contact to our suppliers. Buyer manages part procurement as well as part management and inventory for their parts. Requires skillset in MRP planning and other critical planning tools for procurement.
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited university or college or a high school diploma / GED and a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution or Supply Chain experience, or GE Leadership Program employee or graduate.
* Execute on-time materials planning, releases, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
* Adhere to buyer standard work, including on-time purchasing, ECO/ECR management, and Inventory Management
* Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
* Optimize inventory and process improvements by actively looking at days-on-hand inventory and identifying ways to improve.
* Works together with cross-functional teams - in materials & production
* Drive key initiatives to improve planning and buying
* Works on cross functional teams
* Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
Primary Recruiter: Leena Singh
Recruiter Phone Number: #removed#/#removed# Ext: 7137