A school in Stockport is looking for an Autism specialist to join the team of support staff. It is vital that the given individual will have experience in the effectively helping a child or group of children with Autism. Those with a registered qualification specific to Autism are encouraged to apply, as well as those who may hold qualifications in other areas linked to SEN. Additionally, those who have worked with children with autism in a community setting are also welcomed to apply. As a specialist related to Autism, it is important to note that the support required will not just be within the classroom. Therefore, aiding the given student both at break times and in getting around the school site is very important.
Key aspects of this role are as follows:
- Developing adequate educational resources that are specifically suitable for those with Autism.
- Ensuring that the given child (or children) are catered for in both a pastoral sense and within the classroom itself.
- Being able to logistically plan and organise a child's day, ensuring that they are fully supported throughout.
- Communicating with parents regularly, to ensure that there are effective action plans in place to fully maximise the capabilities of the given child.
- Assisting a teacher in ensuring that the child has clear and achievable expectations to meet.
- Pay - £275-350 per week, based on prior experience.
The school is located in Stockport, in close proximity to Manchester city centre. The M60 motorway is close by, and there are several public transport links allowing ease of access in getting to school. For further information on this position, please contact the Manchester East Secondary branch at Teaching Personnel.