Waters is looking for a motivated Software Manager
to manage a team (approx. 5-7 developers) that develops software for our LC product line.
As a software manager
, the candidate will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the people, resources, and processes required to deliver new software or upgrade existing products.
The software manager will have a role in technical leadership and will take a hands-on role in software development. Responsibilities
- Ensure company objectives are translated into goals and tasks for the team and provide leadership and guidance to ensure the motivation and engagement of the team.
- Work with other managers in the making of both tactical and strategic product decisions
- Oversee the development of software products required by the company and provide functional and technical management and support to the team. Provide software and
technical support to users (internal and external) where necessary.
- Develop and oversee hardware and software tools and infrastructure to ensure product delivery. Keep abreast of developments and latest thinking in the software and software control industries, evaluate the latest developments and review for implementation and adoption within the department.
- Work with project management to ensure effective matrix management of projects and successful delivery of projects. Identify and address risks and tasks that seem to fall outside anyone's remit that could result in impact to the software delivery.
- Develop and review performance criteria for continuous improvement and drive corrective action. Review and improve the way the team works together and the way the team interacts and collaborates with external departments.
- Provide technical management and support for contract resources (local and offshore). Review and critique external consultants and contractors and make recommendations to enhance the resources and skills of the department.
- Ensure adequate talent and resource is available in the department and that staff are suitably trained and competent. Encourage and develop new and existing department members.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals, ensuring objectives are distributed and reviewed and individual development plans are actioned.
- Conduct regular reviews with staff and ensure issues raised and addressed.
- Keep abreast of developments and latest thinking in leadership and management, evaluate the latest developments and review for implementation and adoption within the department.
- Ensure that Quality system standards and Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times. Ensure all regulatory requirements are fully addressed.
- Represent the company at scientific or other appropriate meetings.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as defined by management.
- Keep ICS department manager appraised on a frequent basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- Extensive technical experience in the analysis, design, development and evaluation of software systems.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Self motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven experience of managing and directing a team of employees and contractors both
locally and remotely (offshore).
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Waters target markets.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. Key Words
software engineering manager, software manager, manager, agile, embedded, instrument control, leadership, - provided by Dice