A brilliant 6 month (with strong likelihood of extension to 1 Year) contract opportunity for a Data Lead to join a leading Oil & Gas company in Central London.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the largest energy trading operations in the world. The team trade in crude oil, natural gas, LNG, electrical power, refined products, chemical feedstocks and environmental products
Data Lead Responsibilities
- Support the IT delivery team to identify the future shape of that end to end landscape.
- Support the development of a target landscape for their trading analytics
- Have a strong understanding of the data used in energy commodity
- Engage with people across a range of roles (front, middle, back office) and seniority in the business
- Actively elicit and manage requirements, including ensuring that you use the right tools and techniques
- Lead and facilitate effective workshops and other sessions
Data Lead Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of energy commodity trading (particularly the front office)
- Hands on experience building and delivering trading tools, and in particular market analysis of fundamentals data
- Able to problem solve, absorb large amounts of detail and to see the big picture
- Understands data engineering tooling such as databricks/Spark, ADF, Apache Airflow, SQL, document and NoSQL databases, Azure Functions
- Being able to lead a team with practical experience of leading in an iterative/Agile development team
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please apply now! Interviews will commence 23rd April 2021 and will be a two stage process. The role is inside IR35.