Planner- Competitive Salary- Derby
Are you qualified to at least HNC level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent? Do you have good, working knowledge of construction/ field service and related workflow processes? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking to appoint a Planner to support the project team by utilising project planning systems and processes as a basis for developing proposal and project schedules.
The key responsibilities of a Planner include, but are not limited to:
- To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, ensuring SPIE maintains its leading-edge status within the industry and reputation with its customers.
- To develop, integrate, and analyse detailed project schedules and plans including development of critical path and project float.
- To obtain input from project team members, subcontractors, and clients to support the development of the project schedule and subsequently update schedule progress and forecasting.
- To monitor hours and cost trends, additional work orders and any other elements of the project.
- To evaluate schedule alternatives to support project changes and provide timely analysis and reporting to the project team.
- To evaluate potential schedule impacts from progress of engineering and design, procurement, fabrication, commissioning and installation.
- To analyse project performance and assist the project team with recommending any corrective action measures to mitigate impacts to cost and schedule.
- Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
The key skills and qualities of a Planner are:
- Proficiency with scheduling software (Primavera Project Planner-P6 & MS Project & ASTA).
- Good working knowledge of construction / field service and related workflow processes.
- Qualified to at least HNC level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent but will preferably have attained chartered engineer status and hold a relevant degree or equivalent.
- Willing to work in team environment supporting other team members in accomplishing project goals and objectives.
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability, and drive to meet deadline.
- Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service.
- Knowledge & Working experience of the NEC form of contract.
- Detailed commercial, design, financial and project knowledge of multi-discipline contracts (Desirable).
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.