Here at Henry Boot PLC we have been successfully transforming land, property and developments into sustainable, long-term value for 135 years. We manage several subsidiary businesses and invest in our future to achieve robust returns for all our stakeholders and partners. We now have an exciting and newly created opportunity for an Assistant HR Advisor to join our successful Group HR team on a full-time or part-time basis, working between 30 and 37.5 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days.
If you are looking to take the next step in your HR career and are keen to expand your experience, this newly created role can provide you with a fantastic development opportunity.
We will offer a broad range of experiences of a range of people practices and will support all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
As our Assistant HR Advisor, you will provide effective administrative and advisory support to the Group HR team, you will be responsible for supporting both the HR Manager and the HR Advisor with HR activities including HR system administration, occupational health, family leave applications, employee relations and casework.
We will also provide you with the opportunity to support our Payroll team with payroll and benefits and the Learning&Development team with learning and development activity in order to develop your broader HR and people skills.
We will endeavour to provide suitable development opportunities through project work to ensure this is a varied and fulfilling role.
There will be the opportunity for study support to obtain a CIPD qualification.
Click here to view the job description for this role.
As a natural planner and problem solver, you'll have strong collaboration skills and a keen eye for detail. It is important that you have a base knowledge of people related activities, ideally underpinned by a CIPD Level 3 qualification or similar.
You should be digitally competent with the ability to utilise technology to develop and share efficient processes.
Self-motivated and approachable you will be able to build, develop and maintain supportive and constructive working relationships.
You will be able to work autonomously and as part of the team, you'll have excellent communication skills and a great team ethic.
You will have good communication skills, be pragmatic and act with honesty and discretion.
We believe that we have a competitive and progressive benefits package to help shape and support you both inside and outside of work:
- We pay you a competitive salary - we are committed to promoting equality and diversity and gender pay parity;
- We share our future financial success with our profit share scheme;
- We invest in your career with study support to achieve CIPD Level 5;
- We invest in your future, with our pension plan provided by AVIVA;
- We protect your loved ones by providing a life assurance benefit based on multiples of salary;
- We support you when you might have health concerns for you or your family with our AVIVA Digital GP app;
- We will help you manage the balance of work and home with agile working (where possible) and flexibility to ensure that you can be there for those important life events;
- We give you 24 days annual leave some of which are fixed at Christmas, with the ability to buy additional leave;
We give you enhanced pay if you take leave due to becoming a parent, however you become a parent;
- We support your career aspirations, we are committed to personal growth and internal talent development;
- We offer you access to our Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme, which includes access to e-bikes;
- We offer you access to electric and hybrid vehicle leasing through our salary sacrifice scheme;
- We support you at times when you need external support to with our Employee Assistance Programme.
Henry Boot PLC is a unique Group of Companies that create sustainable value and long-term growth from land, property&development and construction. Inspired by our founding principles and the Henry Boot Way of working, we always operate in accordance with our stated Values, with the utmost care and professionalism. We add value to our business units by giving strategic support and guidance to help fulfil their operational needs.
Since 1886 our business has always put our people first, so we're totally committed to offering an equal opportunity to every individual who joins us.
Click here to view our Equality, Diversity&Inclusion Strategy.
Due to GDPR we're unable to accept applications from agencies who have not been instructed to act upon our behalf.