HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning heathcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
Working within our outpatients paediatric department at The Harley Street Clinic and The Chiswick Outpatients department will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to develop your existing skills.
At our paediatiric outpatient departments we bring together a multidisciplinary team of world-class paediatric consultants specializing in cardiac, oncology, general paediatric and surgery as well as a vast range of other disciplines. With ongoing funding, our paediatric hospitals continue to stay at the forefront of ground-breaking medical and surgical techniques and technology in the UK. Working here, you’ll receive specialist training in working with children and their families in order to provide them with support every step of the way.
As a Paediatric Children’s Outpatient Sister/Charge Nurse you will provide clinical leadership and will take responsibility and accountability for the management and organisation of the department. You will ensure the provision of high quality nursing care to children and families.
You will be a professional role model, leading and co-ordinating the outpatients’ team whilst working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days and occasional weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £39,174 - £45,419 + 4% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the unit and provide sound leadership in addition to line managing a team of nurses, HCAs and phlebotomists.
- Plan the duty rota and delegate tasks and activities ensuring that staff have appropriate coaching
- Manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently and identify areas for service improvement
- Maintain professionalism at all times, demonstrating politeness and sensitivity when dealing with patients, relatives and colleagues
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses, and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse (RN Child / RSCN)
- European Paediatric Life Support (EPLS) or Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS)
- Safeguarding level 3
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Experience of supervising and assessing students and shift leading is desirable
About The Individual
As the successful individual, you will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. You will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. You will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
If you wish