Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Accounting and one year of professional accounting experience. Or one year of satisfactory performance as an Accountant 1 in the County service
· Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of subordinate professional and clerical employees engaged in recording and classifying accounting transactions.
· Analyzes out-of balance conditions, financial reports, budget documents and related accounting papers.
· Recommends new or revised accounting procedures to improve productivity and clarity.
· Assists internal and external auditors in the periodic examination of fiscal records..
· Assists in the preparation of budget estimates.
· Prepares or supervises the preparation of a variety of complex financial statements.
· Coordinates accounting activities with other departmental financial operations.
· Reviews and approves expenditures for reimbursement.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
· Knowledge of professional accounting principles and practices.
· Knowledge of the sources of information, accounting techniques and organization of information used in the preparation of fiscal reports, statements, schedules and summaries.
· Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, rules, regulations and
guidelines relating to financial records of county departments and agencies funded by federal grants.
· Knowledge of computer accounting systems, operating activities and fiscal programs of the department or agency of assignment.
· Knowledge of the general principles of public financial administration including the budgetary process, reporting requirements and cost accounting techniques.
· Ability to supervise a staff of professional and clerical employees.
· Ability to analyze and interpret complex accounting data, statements and tabulations.
· Ability to prepare and supervise preparation of complete and accurate accounting reports and statements.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to perform detailed work involving written and numerical data. Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
Work Square is not just an ordinary staffing company. We are a company on a mission. And that mission is to empower our employees to improve their financial well being.
What does financial well being look like? For some people, it may mean getting out of debt or building a credit score. For others, it means saving up for a car or more education. The point is, its up to you. We are here to help you determine your goal and get you on a path to achieve it. So, WHATS YOUR GOAL?
Why is this important to us? Simple. People who feel in control of their financial lives make better and more reliable employees for our clients. Plus, working together to help you get ahead and meet your goals as well, just plain fun. So join us. Make us proud. And you'll surprise yourself with what you can achieve.
Role: Accountant 2
Apply for this job now.