Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The incumbent operates, maintains, adjusts, balances and repairs the existing Siemens Building Automation Systems (BAS). The incumbent also assists in the operation, maintenance, and repair boilers, chillers, heat exchangers, water heaters, air handling units and air conditioning units under the guidance of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor.
The incumbent operates, maintains, adjusts, balances and repairs all BAS, maintains backups of the BAS and settings to restore systems to previous operational status before outage, malfunction, or alarm.
In addition to the primary BAS responsibilities described above the incumbent shall also assist in the operation, maintenance, adjustment, balancing, and repair of centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, heating boilers, humidifying systems, heat exchangers, main hot water systems, domestic water storage tanks, water heaters, air handling and air conditioning units, air distribution systems, variable air volume terminal units (VAV’s), variable frequency drives (VFD’s), fan coil units (FCU’s), air filters, air distribution systems, fire and other motorized or manual dampers, miscellaneous components associated with each of the systems mentioned above, routinely test and service the
Chancery’s smoke purge system, and install HVAC systems in other spaces as needed.
The incumbent shall ensure that all equipment under his/her responsibility is listed in the Department of State’s (DoS) Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) program called the Global Maintenance Management System (GMMS).
The incumbent shall perform preventive maintenance on both the older proprietary Siemens Apogee BAS and the newer BACnet based Siemens Apogee BAS and all HVAC systems in accordance with established schedules, operating procedures, ensures equipment care maintains all implied and extended warranties from manufacturer, documents and schedules all work, regardless of whether it is routine, preventative, or unscheduled maintenance through GMMS.
The incumbent will analyze malfunctions/failure conditions to determine the root cause of the failure; will expedite repairs to the equipment/system components in a timely manner; make the necessary adjustments to keep the system operating within the design operating parameters.
The incumbent will escort the contractors, Locally Employed (LE) staff, or other approved personnel as they service and adjust BAS components, resolve/correct BAS issues or complete other necessary work.
The incumbent will maintain an adequate level of BAS component spare parts at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment/system modules, actuators, sensors, and any component considered critical to maintaining a functioning building. When establishing high- and low-level stock quantities, the incumbent shall take into consideration the amount of time it takes to ship components and other spare parts from the U.S., and the time it takes for shipments to clear customs.
The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
The incumbent will follow and apply all safety procedures and policies as specified by the contract that this Position Description is governed by.
The incumbent shall attain a full working knowledge of the existing Siemens Building Automation Systems and be able to work independently within 90 calendar days after the start of employment. This includes having a thorough comprehension of the BAS PM program and the requirements contained therein.
- The Building Automation System (BAS) Technician shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience installing, programming, and testing BAS of similar size and complexity and a minimum of three (3) years of experience installing, programming and testing the BAS Product Line installed at Post, both the older proprietary Siemens Apogee BAS and the newer BACnet based Siemens Apogee BAS.
- The BAS Technician shall be trained and certified by Siemens, the manufacturer of the BAS they are tasked to work on. Contractor’s employees not trained and certified by the manufacturer of the BAS will not be permitted to work on the BAS.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in operation, maintenance and repair of HVAC equipment including centrifugal chillers, boilers, pumps, air handler units, humidifiers, piping, heat exchangers and associated equipment and other associated HVAC equipment.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older; have completed a secondary school or obtained a GED.
- A Top Secret clearance is required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement