The Greater St. Louis Dental Society is looking for a skilled Office Coordinator who can help us create a more productive work environment, while ensuring that our members get the support they need. The Office Coordinator will be responsible for organizing various tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly at all times. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front desk management, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, and assisting with meeting scheduling and preparations. Reports directly to the Executive Director but will complete tasks under the supervision of the Membership Director, Meetings Director and Communication Director.
The ideal candidate for this position is an organized, detail-oriented and personable individual who is able to work independently and manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & responsibilities:
- General typing and clerical tasks to include processing the mail
- Receive, screen and route telephone calls to include providing dental referrals to the public
- Assist with membership inquiries and requests
- Order and manage general office and Board meeting supplies
- Assist with various membership mailings
- Meeting coordination and preparation to include collecting RSVPs and placing meal orders
- Assist with implementing large membership events, to include some evenings and weekends
- Assist with preparation for the annual Mid-Continent Dental Congress, to include being onsite Wednesday morning - Friday evening of the convention (2018 Dates: Nov. 7th-8th)
- Coordinate existing school outreach/education program (“Brushing Up”)
- Coordinate Society’s National Children’s Dental Health Month program/event, and manage library of materials available for member check-out
- Coordinate speaker’s bureau requests
- Manage career shadowing program
- Manage Classified Ad placements and lab book orders
- Manage registrations for annual Seminar Series
- Update website as needed (training on Society system to be provided)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years working in office administration or non-profit preferred
- Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Photography, photo editing and/or social media experience a plus.
- Experience using office machinery (fax, printer, copier, phone systems, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Outstanding communicator, both verbal and written
- Excellent team player; ability to work extremely well with co-workers a must
- Full-time Monday - Friday, 35 hour work week, with flexible hours between 8:00am and 5:30pm
- Non-standard hours possible to include some nights, and on rare occasions, weekends for events
We offer benefits including medical, dental, and pension, as well as paid vacation and sick time.
As the local component of the American Dental Association and the Missouri Dental Association, we provide networking, continuing education and support services to our more than 1,020 member dentists in the Greater St. Louis area.
Role: Office Coordinator
Location: St Louis,
Apply for this job now.