Company: HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £46,000 per annum
PE Teacher | Permanent, Full-time | September 2022 | Waltham Forest | Outer London MPS/UPS plus SEN 1 or 2 PE teacherSalary: Outer London Main/Upper pay scale £29,915 - £45,766 Plus, SEN 1 or 2 (£2,270 or £4,479 depending on qualifications and experience)Contract Type: Permanent, Full TimeLocation: E17 4AZ, Walthamstow, London Borough of Waltham ForestSite: Whitefield SchoolStart Date: ASAP/October 2022About Whitefield Academy TrustWith an ethos based on enjoyment, achievement and wellbeing for all, Whitefield Academy Trust seeks to open up the world for children and young people with SEND. Located in Waltham Forest, the Trust comprises Joseph Clarke School (for children with vision impairment and /or additional needs), Whitefield School (for pupils with complex needs including autism, learning difficulties and sensory and physical impairments), Professional Development Services and the highly successful Project SEARCH East London.We are expert in serving children and young people with SEND and giving them the tools, skills and confidence to move on to the next stages of their education and lives.The RoleYou will be working with a team of knowledgeable and supportive specialist teachers and with excellent facilities. Our Professional Development Services offers excellent potential for continuous professional development and collaborates with the University of East London - you will have the opportunity to gain a Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education whilst working with us. Middle and senior leaders are supported to complete the National Professional Qualification for Middle/Senior LeadershipIf you are:
- an existing mainstream PE teacher, ready to make a serious commitment to professional development in special education
- an existing special school PE teacher, looking to deepen and extend your expertise in preparation for a leadership role
- an ECT looking to start your career in one of the UK's leading special schools
If invited to interview, you will get a chance to visit different parts of the School and we will work to match your skills and aspirations to our needs.Why join Whitefield School?Just as we seek to give our pupils an outstanding school experience, we want every member of our team to find being part of Whitefield Academy Trust a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. Whatever their role, we are committed to supporting each team member and giving them every opportunity to progress their careers across our schools and services.We are proud to offer:
- A wide-ranging and high-quality CPD programme which can be tailored around each team member's unique skills and career aspirations;
- A welcoming and inspiring working environment in which colleagues look out for and support one another;
- Opportunities to share best practice and ideas with colleagues across the Trust;
- Wellbeing support mechanisms including practical and emotional support and a Staff Wellbeing Group,
- A competitive local government or teachers' pension scheme, with defined benefits;
- Recognition of continuous service with Local Authorities and other academy trusts for various employment entitlements;
- Interest free loans for bicycle purchase;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Refer a friend to work scheme and earn £300
- Mentoring scheme
But, above all, working at Whitefield Academy Trust is a highly rewarding and satisfying experience. Thanks to the commitment, energy and determination of our staff, all of our children and young people make fantastic progress during their time with us. Watching their progress and working alongside families is immensely satisfying and, as a Trust, we take every opportunity to recognise and celebrate the important role our staff play in transforming the lives of our children and young people.How To apply:Your application is a direct permanent application to Whitefield Academy Trust.To apply, please request an application form from Iain Slinn at or call Iain on for more information. Your application is a direct permanent application to our school (not through an agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
- Closing date: 21st September 2022
- Interview: w/c 26th September 2022
- Start date: As soon as a Disclosure and Barring Service check has been received
Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people.The Trust is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit, ensuring best practice in our recruitment process is essential to our commitment.