Provides legal advice and representation to a Texas Domiciled Property Insurance Carrier in Homeowners and Commercial Property Insurance legal matters. Handle cases of moderate complexity and financial exposure; may handle higher exposure cases as part of a legal team. Handle regulatory and compliance matters.
· Examine reports, evidence and other relevant data to determine advisability of proceeding with litigation.
· Analyze probable outcomes through knowledge and research of legal precedents.
· Develop and execute trial and/or pre-trial strategy for most cost effective outcome.
· Draft legal papers, perform research, and handle project work for the office.
· Negotiate settlements on behalf of the insured and/or Carrier
· Conduct Examinations Under Oath and Depositions as necessary
· Minimum of 5 years related Homeowners and Commercial Property Insurance experience with ability to independently handle any assigned matter with limited supervision / oversight.
· Strong & Effective Communications and Ability to Interact Effectively with Clients and Claims peers
· Detailed knowledge of local statutes, regulations and case law
· Ability to develop manage and monitor pre-trial and trial strategies
· Knowledge of rules of evidence, court rules and procedures
· Ability to advise core and associate staff on technical issues
· Ability to litigate the moderately complex cases in the specified jurisdiction
· JD Required; Must be admitted and able to practice Law in Texas
Role: Trial Attorney/General Counsel
Apply for this job now.