Are you interested in a career in Emergency Nursing? The Princess Royal University Hospital is part of the renowned King’s College University NHS Trust. Whilst the department is a vital part of Kings College Hospital we are in the enviable position of sitting just outside the M25 – making access easy with the advantages of outer London weighting (which attracts a maximum £4528 per annum). The Emergency Department (ED) currently sees approximately 73,000 per year serving the population of Bromley and Orpington which incorporates the largest geographical area in London. The majority of this is rural and green belt which makes it a beautiful part of the country to work with the added benefits of being on the doorstep of the Capital.
We are looking to increase our existing caring and compassionate team with nurses who are keen and enthusiastic, with a desire to pursue a career in ED. If you have qualities that embrace the 6 C’s and 10 commitments we can offer you a challenging working environment which will develop you skills and abilities required in Emergency Nursing. We are also a Trauma Unit and Hyper Acute Stroke Unit which will require specific knowledge and skills in order to look after these patients. To help you do this you will supported by a large multidisciplinary team which includes a Head of Nursing, 2 Matrons and a practice development team. We excited to be participating in the Capital Nurse programme which is developing a career pathway and the education support which underpins it.
If you are a band 5 staff nurse looking for a new career then look no further. We would be delighted to talk to you about joining the organisation which is like a supportive family.
If you are unsure whether a career in ED is what you are looking for then we also offer a rotational programme across the acute floor which includes the Acute Medical Unit, Ambulatory Care and ED. This will give you broad experience in a variety of Acute Medical areas so you can decide where to specialise at a later date.IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.