The Dispatcher communicates back and forth with Route Supervisors, Field Service Technicians, Pickup and Delivery, and Special Events drivers to assist with problem resolution while they are on route for residential, commercial and pickup/delivery business. This position will handle incoming service calls, direct driver, and resolve service issue. This individual will interact with Don’s Johns customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Supervisors, Mechanics, etc.) The use of Don’s Johns proprietary software will necessary in order to enter order information and track activity. The shift for this position is Thursday - Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday off. Weekday hours vary based on business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispatch drivers to calls as they are received, using information based on customer needs, driver locations, loads, services, and daily factors to balance cost and speed of response.
- Work with Route Supervisors, and the service department to optimize routes.
- Assist in determining daily level of driver staffing to provide the best mix of responsiveness and productivity.
- Field incoming calls and e-mails from customers; manage requests for one-time service, pickup or unit delivery and ensuring same-day services are completed when needed.
- Create work orders for service, document all calls and improvement opportunities.
- Assist with outbound calls to customers while drivers are on location, resolving pick-up, delivery and other service issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve potential delivery, pick-up, or service problems so that they don’t result in service issues.
- Ensure same-day service for missed services by coordinating driver movement in the field.
- Record and document information from drivers and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Communicate with maintenance shop personnel and serve as an emergency point of contact for on-road issues.
- Process driver notes on site.
- Review and research customer complaints.
- Perform other duties and projects assigned by Manager.
Experience and Skills:
High School Diploma or GED required.
At least 1 year dispatch/logistics experience or related field.
Ability to push, pull and lift up to 20 lbs.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Don's Johns has been the leading provider of temporary restrooms in the Washington, DC Metropolitan region for over 50 years. We provide all restroom solutions from bathroom trailers with hardwood floors and granite to standard construction restrooms. Our customers include Special Events, Construction, Seasonal and Long Term and rely on us as the industry leader.
To see all our openings visit WWW.DONSJOHNS.COM/CAREERS for additional details.
Apply for this job now.