St Mary's Calne offers an academically enriching working environment within the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy transport links to Bristol, Bath and London
St Mary's Calne is a member of the Girls' Schools Association (GSA) and the Headmasters' and Headmistress' Conference (HMC); it is a leader in the field of girls' independent boarding education. It has around 360 girls aged 11-18, including 120+ girls in the Sixth Form. As well as innovative teaching, learning and scholarship, St Mary's Calne offers outstanding pastoral care and a vibrant, warm community.
St Mary's Calne believes in excellence in all respects. As a school community, we thrive amidst a culture of strong expectations and the education which we provide nurtures and develops the concept of high performance. The principal aim is to develop well-rounded pupils who are equipped to excel as adults.
Extra-curricular opportunities beyond the classroom are a vital and integral part of life for girls at St Mary's Calne. These opportunities are woven into the timetable during the day, in the evenings and at weekends. We believe that both boarders and day girls benefit from all aspects of the strong boarding ethos of the school.
St Mary's Calne is looking for a talented and enthusiastic teacher, with outstanding inter-personal skills, fluent in Mandarin Chinese with native speaker proficiency, to join us as a Mandarin Chinese Language Assistant. Initially, this will be for 6 hours per week, but may increase according to demand.
The successful applicant will be confident teaching Mandarin Chinese in small groups, and 1:1 to private candidates, to improve their spoken language. We would expect the successful candidate to be able to support girls across the whole age range from Year 7 up to and including A Level, with particular emphasis on supporting girls in the public examination years in the Fifth and Sixth Forms.
What we want from you
- University Graduate in Mandarin Chinese or a native Mandarin Chinese speaker
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation to work with young people, both formally and informally
- A team player who is flexible, cooperative and helpful
- Good organisational skills with a willingness to learn new skills and contribute ideas
- Experience in a similar role is desirable, though not essential
What we offer
- Excellent and tailored CPD within the department and across the school
- Highly motivated girls with lessons taught in small groups
- Competitive salary and membership of a contributory pension scheme
- Discounted membership of the St Mary's Calne Sports Centre
- Fee remission for daughters educated at St Mary's Calne and for sons and daughters educated at St Margaret's Preparatory School
- Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
- Free on-site parking
Salary: FTE £29,605, effectively £14.23 per teaching hour, paid as a monthly salary.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for St Mary's School, then please proceed through the following link to complete your application: https://#removed#/index.php/contact-us/vacancies
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils. Due to the nature of the work involved, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.