Ensuring the security and safety of Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunal Services' buildings, employees, legal professionals and visitors.
So, what does a typical day as a Court&Tribunal Security Officer look like? This is not your average Security job and every day within the Courts brings something new. Some of your day will involve physical searching and the use of a hand-held metal detector. However, the majority of your day will consist of monitoring and securing the building, as well as, interacting and building rapport with all Court users, in a unique, friendly environment. Don't just take our word for it, apply now to start your new journey with OCS!
Your main responsibilities may also include:
- Control of access doors and gates to ensure that only authorised persons and vehicles are permitted access
- Working with a team, conduct Physical search of all Court users, as well as entry searches of all persons entering buildings via public entrances (or any member of the public entering via any other entrance) by means of archway metal detectors, hand-held metal detectors and visual searches of bags, parcels and containers to ensure that no weapons, explosive devices or other prohibited items are brought on to the premises
- Prevention of and attending to and dealing with security incidents
- Ensuring the correct and agreed evacuation procedures are followed by all in the event of an emergency including the identification of a suspect package or a fire
- Control&Restraint of violent and aggressive court users, preventing or excluding persons from secure parts of the building
- Carry out instructions from members of the Judiciary to attend court and in some circumstances remove individuals from the Court or Court Room
- Respond rapidly to personal attack alarms throughout the building
- Testing of Alarm Systems, and accurately recording the data to ensure fully operational including fire alarms and personal attack alarms
- Carrying out regular patrols of the building and its environment as required
- Acting as a first line support to employees and site visitors, providing a professional and friendly service
- Issue and collection of visitors and contractors' passes and escort of visitors and contractors
- Monitoring CCTV equipment
- Supervision of contractors and cleaners etc. in secure areas
- Opening up and closing down the building, ensuring the alarm System is set and acting as key holder for emergency call out purposes
- Maintaining records - Equipment checks, confiscated items, Incident reports etc.
- Maintaining security of keys and control of issue to authorised personnel
To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Door Supervisor SIA licence - essential
- Experience of working within the Security Industry - advantageous
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential
- Willing to travel to different sites in High Wycombe, Amersham and Aylesbury
Personal characteristics/attributes for this role:
- A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity; in order to prioritise and deal with challenging situations, in accordance with procedures and processes.
- Customer focused
- A clean DBS History (Drink Driving excluded)
What will you get in return?
- 22 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Entitled to company sick pay
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
We are the largest family-owned facilities management services company in the world, and we deliver over 70 accredited services internationally.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.