Learning Support Assistant
Teaching Personnel are currently seeking experienced Learning Support Assistants to work within a Year 3 class at one of our schools in Hammersmith, West London. The school has two new students joining in January 2021, both with profound learning difficulties relating to ASC that require 1:1 support.
You will need strong literacy and numeracy skills as well as confidence working with SEN since the role will involve support of Maths & English as part of the work towards following the children's IEPs. Candidates will also need to be comfortable working as part of a team as you will need to regularly liaise with the SENCO and other support staff regarding support strategies for the children.
To excel at this role, you will need:
- A sound understanding of the Key Stage 2 curriculum
- Good behaviour management skills
- Minimum Grade C in Maths and English at GCSE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good degree in a relevant discipline (preferred)
- Makaton or PECS training (preferred)
If you feel you would be a good match for this role, please submit your CV.