Our Unical 145 Aero Structures shop handles a high volume of repair and overhaul work for nacelles, thrust reversers, cowlings, flaps and a whole host of aero structures from a wide range of commercial aircraft. We are looking for multi-skilled mechanics experienced in nacelle component overhaul, flight control overhaul, and back shop experience.
Additional job details are below:
Working with moderate supervision, performs overhauls, repairs, tests composite repairs, and sheet metal repairs to aviation parts, and various other components in accordance with repair station rules and specifications.
• Perform maintenance on components received by the repair station including; disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair/overhaul, assembly testing, composite repairs, and sheet metal repairs.
• Document maintenance completed in accordance with federal regulations, repair station rules and specifications
• Maintains a clean and organized work area
• Must use, wear and enforce required PPE within assigned production work area
• Operate required machinery and equipment in a proper manner following established safety rules
• Read, understand and adhere to SDS guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
• Provide technical guidance to Mechanic Assistants as directed
• General knowledge in the use of inspection tooling and basic hand tools required in the course of work including but not limited to the following; torque wrenches, micrometers, dial indicators, height gauge, calipers, depth gauges, rivet guns, drill motors, pneumatic die grinders, etc.
• General knowledge of composite repair techniques including but not limited to the following; taper sanding, step sanding, wet layup, prepreg layup, hot bonder procedures and common composite products.
• General knowledge of aircraft component technical data such as SRM, CMM, engineering drawings etc.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• 1-3 years' experience in aircraft component composite repair/overhaul or related experience preferred
• Airframe and Powerplant Certificate preferred
• Ability to pass DOT drug and alcohol test
• U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Basic Shop Math
• Basic knowledge regarding concepts, theories and principles of aerodynamics, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, sheet metal repairs and composite repairs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
• Ability to lift 50Ibs
• As required be able wear half mask or full face respirator for extended periods
• Ability to work in machine shop / component repair environment
• Momentary exposure to high noises
• Exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents
• Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks
• Minimal travel may be required (5% or less)
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• City of Industry, CA
Unical Aviation, Inc. and all its' affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
As a global performance-based services company, Unical gives you limitless opportunities to expand your horizons, challenge your limits, and build the dynamic career you've always wanted. Find out exactly what you're capable of at Unical.
Role: Aerostructures Mechanic
Location: City of Industry,
Apply for this job now.