Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role:
· Working in the Information Systems office, you will be working on a number of high profile customer-facing projects developing and integrating a range of systems using Hartpury’s core MIS tools, web services and APIs to support the delivery of student focussed services.
· This role may suit an experienced Systems Developer but less experienced candidates including recent graduates in a relevant IT Systems discipline will also be considered.
· You will be an enthusiastic, proactive and hardworking professional.
· You will have preferably have a degree or equivalent experience in software engineering that has been used to develop web based apps and services using software development lifecycle tools within an environment of ASP.net and C#.
· You will be comfortable working flexibly in an agile oriented development environment, to a high degree of accuracy and within tight deadlines.
· You will have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
What we Offer:
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Local Government Pension Scheme
· Employee Discounts Scheme
· Onsite fitness facilities
· Support for continuous professional development
· Flexible working opportunities available
· 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 31st May 2020.
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Role: Systems Developer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Apply for this job now.