Planning SolicitorGatwick - West Sussex£40000 - £43000
(Part-time options possible)A great opportunity for a junior lawyer to join one of the strongest real estate teams in the region, work alongside two outstanding partners and develop into a first class planning solicitor. The firm
An award winning legal 100 firm with offices across The Southeast as well as London. The firm have an excellent reputation with a clear commitment to innovation and creativity with a professional yet personal approach to all they engage with. The Planning role form a key part of the wider Real Estate team comprised of over 100 legal professionals. This is a very close team who work extremely well together, they all have excellent qualities and high levels of professionalism. It would provide a superb environment for anyone serious about progressing in this field of law.The Role & Requirements
A qualified Solicitor (or Legal Executive) with ideally at least 2 years experience within a planning environment. a keen interest in planning, environmental and regulatory work in the widest sense – to include related areas i.e. waste, renewable, highways and other infrastructure, rights of way, compulsory purchase, health and safety. You will manage your own caseload under supervision and support senior team members as and when required, attend Court, planning and other inquiries, hearings, planning committees, various seminars, conferences and other events as appropriate. This is an immersive role that will really broaden your experience build upon your current level of expertise at a firm whose reach is wide and far.Requirements:
- A good understanding of the planning system, environmental law, highways law, compulsory purchase etc. including related legislation and relevant case law.
- A willingness to contribute to business development and to take on and act in a support role to the Group’s business development campaigns.
- The ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively both with the team and with clients.
- The ability to effectively manage your time to achieve client and internal deadlines.
- Demonstrate high levels client care with an ability to deal with a wide range of clients with differing objectives and good commercial awareness.
- The ability to draft documentation, with attention to detail.
The firm provide an excellent working environment with a focus on personal and professional development. Offices are modern and ideally situated with easy access to / from London as well as being perfectly placed in the Gatwick region to capitalise on the numerous and wide ranging base of clients. A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer along with a flexible and safe approach to work given the current business operating environment
For further details and full job description please contact Gary at QED Legal with reference to this ad or simply register your interest online and I will respond to you.