McCain is looking for a Custodian to perform janitorial tasks and general interior and exterior building maintenance/property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform janitorial tasks to include but not limited to, cleaning restrooms, lunchroom, sweeping and mopping floors, and stocking paper products. Vacuum carpets and dust as needed.
2. Maintain and repair interior and exterior building/property.
3. General maintenance to include but not limited to, basic lighting/electrical, plumbing, HVAC, drywall, painting and other related activities.
4. Inspect generators regularly.
5. Empty trash and recycle wastebaskets located in all offices to include the warehouse. Empty large trash bins using forklift.
6. Research and obtain quotes for facility needs requiring outside vendor service.
7. Communicate directly and coordinate activities with outside facility vendors.
8. Respond to Maintenance Log requests.
9. Ensure on-time completion of preventative maintenance tasks.
10. Occasional driving to pick up materials to complete maintenance/repairs.
11. Coordinate disposal of hazardous and other wastes.
12. Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner.
13. Work on weekends as needed.
14. Handle special projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
2. 3+ years of experience in janitorial services or facility maintenance.
3. Must have a hands-on understanding of how commercial buildings are constructed and how electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems are incorporated.
4. Hands-on knowledge of how basic electrical systems work.
5. Ability to troubleshoot maintenance issues to either complete or make recommendations for repair.
6. Must have good mechanical background. Ability and knowledge to use a wide range of hand and power tools.
7. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to work well with others.
9. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
10. Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
11. Fluency in English language: speak, read and write.
12. Basic working knowledge with MS Office, i.e. Outlook, Word, electronic maintenance log strongly preferred, but not required.
13. Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record and provide current DMV driving record.
14. Reliable auto with proof of insurance.
15. Forklift experience. Current forklift certification a plus.
1. Work mostly in a controlled indoor environment with some exposures to the elements.
2. Occasional – Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
3. Job frequently requires standing, kneeling, stooping, and forward bending for extended periods of time and handling objects with hands.
4. Job occasionally requires walking, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, talking, hearing, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
5. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
What's in it for you?
· A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful team members.
· Stability that provides you with a place to grow and succeed in your career path.
· Excellent benefits that includes medical/dental/life/ltd/ insurances, tuition reimbursement, company-matched 401(k) plan, and more.
If this is what you are looking for and you meet the minimum requirements, submit your resume to #removed#-inc.com indicating Custodian in the subject line or apply in person at 2365 Oak Ridge Way, Vista, CA 92081. McCain is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit #removed#-inc.com
This employer participates in E-Verify.
McCain, Inc. is a national market leader in getting people home quickly and safely, producing traffic signal equipment and associated technology trusted by millions each day. Founded in 1987, McCain has a rich history and deep industry contacts helping to position the company to be a leader in the rapidly emerging autonomous and connected vehicle environment.
Team McCain is comprised of a dedicated group of more than 500 designers, thinkers, and creators.
Being a part of Team McCain means having the opportunity to be more than an employee. It is an opportunity to grow as a person as well as in your career.
Apply for this job now.