Children's Literacy Initiative (CLI) is seeking a full-time Pre-K Bilingual Curriculum Developer to work in our Philadelphia Office. We are looking for a passionate individual dedicated to ensuring that CLI remains innovative in our content/ training and a person that will thrive working with a smart, collaborative, and mission-drive team.
The Pre-K Bilingual Curriculum Developer will be involved in creating a comprehensive, field-tested, high-quality Pre-K curriculum in Spanish using developmentally appropriate research-based instructional practices. The Pre-K Bilingual Curriculum Developer will primarily plan, write and revise content for this curriculum as directed by the Associate Direction of PreK Services. In addition, the Pre-K Bilingual Curriculum Developer may assist with developing and piloting trainings around the suite of services offered to support curriculum implementation.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Pre-K Services to plan content for the Spanish curriculum.
- Develop new content and revise existing content in Spanish to ensure the highest quality product.
- Select books that meet the curriculum's goals.
- Assist with facilitation of professional development.
Master's Degree required in Education, Reading, Early Childhood, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years teaching Pre-K.
- A minimum of 2 years in leadership or professional development.
- Experience developing curriculum content and/or workshops and seminars.
- Familiarity with writing for publication.
- Background in STEM.
- Knowledge of digital literacy and blended learning.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong attention to detail with very good organizational, multi-tasking and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to the needs of diverse groups of learners (adults and children).
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
Learning to read by the end of third grade is a strong predictor of a student's future academic achievement.
A teacher's literacy instruction plays the most critical role in a student's reading development, but many teachers fail to receive adequate training in this area.
By helping educators learn high-impact instructional strategies and nurturing dynamic professional learning communities, CLI builds lasting capacity in teachers and principals over time.
CLI works with district partners to create sustainable organizational processes that continue the trajectory of improvement in schools. Building a teacher's instructional expertise impacts student learning over the course of a teacher's career.
Role: Pre- K Bilingual Curriculum Developer
Apply for this job now.