- Performing structural analysis of various building elements and systems comprised of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, wood, and aluminum for both gravity and lateral loading conditions.
- Serve as the engineer in responsible charge for assigned projects.
- Coordinating the structural design with architectural and MEP trades.
- Lead the organization and preparation of structural plans and specifications for construction documents.
- Lead staff engineers in the design process from schematic design through the completion of construction.
- Perform QA/QC reviews of project work performed by staff engineers, including but not limited to: drawings, specifications, investigations, and technical reports.
- Pursuit of professional development and marketing efforts through attendance of outside technical seminars and networking events.
- Help foster new client contacts and business opportunities and maintain existing client relationships.
- Assist in the technical and professional development of junior and staff engineers through formal and informal training efforts and mentorship.
- Coordinating the structural design details with architectural and MEP designs.
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, and performing site visits during the construction phase.
- Ability to coordinate drafters and other engineers to produce AutoCAD and Revit drawings for bid and construction documents for buildings.
- Working directly with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Monitoring project budgets and track change orders on a case by case basis.
- Demonstrated Excel and Structural Analysis software (RAM Structural System, RISA 3D, SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE) skills
At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
About this division: The Structures Division is a highly collaborative team that strives to innovate to meet our clients’ goals most effectively. We work on a wide range of projects types, including but not limited to: mutli-family wood-framed mid-rise buildings; low-rise and mid-rise commercial structural steel buildings; specialty structures; construction engineering; waterfront structures and concrete; entertainment venues, casinos and theater spaces; technical peer reviews; structural renovations; feasibility studies; and forensic analysis and litigation support. We expose all of our engineers to as many different technical areas as possible and allow them to experience the full breadth of the design process, continuing into the construction phase to allow them to maximize their potential as engineers and their growth prospects within the firm.
Role: Senior Structural Engineer/Project Manager
Apply for this job now.