The Sr. Pre-Sales Systems Engineer assists Eastern account managers through formal technical sales opportunity development, technical presentations and technical design assistance of Eastern’s solution and service offerings to existing and prospective customers. The Pre-Sales Architect assists with all technical aspects of a sales campaign, working hand in hand with the account executive to take an opportunity from qualification all the way to closure, and then hand off to the implementation and consulting team; maintaining strong relationships with our customers.
As a Sr. Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you are a thought leader within the Engineering organization, responsible for designing, architecting, and, at times, consulting for Eastern clients. Eastern is focused on core data center technologies including storage, networking, compute, virtualization, and data center management / automation. Your goal as a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer should be to build skills, relationships, and industry credibility across more than one of these segments to drive product and consulting sales.
You will work in partnership with multiple sales representatives to help build a cohesive account strategy for each existing and prospective client. As part of this strategy, you will help sales representatives identify potential technologies and vendors to partner with in a given account and assist in driving this strategy throughout a given campaign.
Time management and prioritization are essential attributes of a successful Pre-Sales Architect. Your goal is to evolve into the technical thought leader for each of your clients. In this capacity you will work to define strategy, compare and contrast alternative approaches, and build key relationships, as well as size and configure products. Positioning and leveraging subject matter experts and inside consultants is a necessity to scale your effectiveness within accounts.
Education is critical to your success at Eastern. You are expected to continually educate not only yourself, but also our clients and your co-workers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As the technical lead on the sales team, you will be providing advice and solutions or proposals optimized to meet customer technical and business requirements
- Develops relationships with the account managers, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages team specialist resources as appropriate.
- Strategizes and executes technical sales calls.
- Completes required pre-sales documentation (configurations, business cases, services, presentations, justifications etc.) quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, decision making process and funding.
- Present and markets the design and value of proposed Eastern solutions and business justification to customers, prospects and Eastern management.
- Participates in mentorship of entry-level team members.
- Possesses strong, detailed product / technology / industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education / Experience / Specialized Skills
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• Professional communication, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working as a technical lead in a pre-sales sales campaign
• Minimum 2 years of technical pre-sales experience preferred
• Extensive, hands-on knowledge three or more of the following data center solutions;
- VMware Virtualization - Extensive vSphere knowledge
- VCP5 or better preferable
- VMware End User Compute Solutions
- Ideally with some hands-on experience with XenApp, XenDesktop as well.
- VMware Management and Automation Solutions
- EMC storage
- VMAX or VNX
- Data Domain
- Data Protection Software
- VCE Vblock, VXrail, and VXrack converged and hyper converged systems
- Cisco Networking
- Cisco or Dell compute, virtualization
- Microsoft Windows
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel.
o Able to work under critical conditions
o Pleasant, courteous and able to abide and follow guidelines set by our company’s culture
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent presentation skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of resources
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Independent, self motivated, self starter and possess good working attitude
- Able to work well within the team and with partners
• Customer focused
• Results driven
Eastern Computer Exchange, Inc. (“Eastern”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation, or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job with a reasonable accommodation if necessary, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Eastern Computer Exchange, Inc. (Eastern) is a 28-year technology integration company traditionally focused on medium to large-sized customers and helping them solve complex server, storage, networking, application and desktop concerns via our highly-trained professional staff of engineers. We offer the most current assessment tools to help build architectures that solve business and technical challenges, as well as produce ROI data.
Role: Sr. Systems Pre Sales Engineer
Apply for this job now.