Sales Representation for the CITY and surrounding area(s)
SUMMARY: Discount School Supply is a leading developer, manufacturer, and distributor of educational products. We are looking for a self-motivated seasoned sales professional to join our team. This person will sell and manage a territory consisting of preschools, elementary schools, after-school programs and other appropriate channels which will involve cold calling potential customers and maintaining existing accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Generate sales utilizing a variety of sources including familiarity with the territory, research, company catalog and website.
- Call on existing and new clients on a daily basis to establish and maintain relationships.
- Promote all of the company products and services in relation to particular account needs.
- Implement special programs as necessary.
- Travel to customer locations as necessary.
- Meet with Directors and Staff to demonstrate and promote products through workshops, in-service and educational programs.
- Implement and demonstrate a variety of educational programs thru Art, Literacy and Active Play worksho
- Propose applications of products based on curriculum and understanding of particular needs.
- Prepare, set up and break down materials for conferences.
- Work closely with Director/Owner in completing a new center opening
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree preferred, plus a minimum of 3-5 years outside sales experience. Preference given to candidates with early childhood experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures with conformance to the prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from government entities, employees, managers, clients, and the general public.
Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, occasionally in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and possess excellent telephone communication skills.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must have existing territory management skills and be open to learning new systems.
- Must be computer literate, have experience with Windows operating system and a good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn specific software.
- Working knowledge of efficient filing systems, office machines and equipment.
- Must be able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
- Must be even-tempered and team spirited - a good sense of humor is desirable
Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have proof of insurance. This position requires a substantial amount of driving an automobile. Car allowance A car mileage program is provided. Background and driving record will be reviewed.
Excelligence Learning Corporation (#removed#) is a leading developer, manufacturer, distributor and multi-channel retailer of over 20,000 innovative, high-quality and grade-appropriate educational products and teaching solutions, which are sold primarily to early childhood learning centers, elementary schools, PTAs and consumers. The company has three core divisions: Supplies (Discount School Supply and Really Good Stuff), Equipment (Children’s Factory, Angeles and Steffy Wood Products) and Services (Educational Products, Inc., ChildCare Education Institute and Frog Street).
Role: Outside Sales Representative
Apply for this job now.