Company: MASSENHOVE RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 per annum
Due to continued expansion, our client have a new opportunity within their Leatherhead office for an Assistant Underwriter to work with some leading industry talent whilst learning directly from them!
The successful candidate will underwrite and service existing accounts with the expertise of an experienced underwriter by your side.
- Evaluating new business by using sensible and recognised underwriting practices.
- Using good judgement, along with your industry insight; seek to increase the financial performance of our client.
- Balancing new business, renewal, rating and adjustment enquiries from your clients.
- Dealing with claims cover requests, ensuring you align to service standards.
- Always searching for an opportunity to sell products.
- Dealing with the accounts team to handle any financial queries that arise.
- Using proven analytical skills to provide statistics on some of your more difficult cases.
- Detect and assess risks that are considered both 'standard’ and 'non-standard’.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- You are aware of, if not already working towards your CII qualifications and educated to good A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles and practices.
- Knowledge of underwriting and servicing accounts, preferably holding a level of delegated underwriting authority.
- You are happy using technical knowledge to handle claim queries, resulting in an engaged service.
- You cleverly extract and piece together information from a broad range of different sources; highlighting your experience of client renewals and seeing business opportunities.
- With strong communication and social skills with clients and colleagues alike; you take pride in having a high level of numeracy and literacy.
- Motivated, ambitious and compassionate means that you slot in well to the team and provide a first class service to clients. Eligible to work in the UK