Our client is a boutique firm based in the City with an excellent reputation, particularly in its specialist contentious areas.
The firm is now looking for an additional experienced commercial litigation solicitor with additional insolvency experience to join their existing team.
This role requires a solicitor with, probably, a minimum of 7yrs PQE gained in an established litigation team and to include fast and multi-track general commercial litigation and company or insolvency litigation.
- Experience of running complex commercial litigation cases, including appeals, on your own and of working on larger cases alongside colleagues
- Conducting insolvency litigation claims and defences. Any experience defending directors for using EBT schemes would be welcome
- Experience of shareholder and corporate disputes, including applications under the Companies Act 2006
- Experience of Director Disqualification claims
- Experience of obtaining or defending freezing orders
- Litigation funding experience would be an advantage
- Management experience i.e. of junior colleagues would be welcome
- General skills expected of someone at this level within the firm include: drafting witness statements, interim applications (security for costs, further information, strike-out), dealing with detailed disclosure exercises (including disclosure under new pilot early and extended disclosure rules), mediation / ADR, and taking all steps up to and including trial.
This really is an excellent opportunity for an experienced commercial litigation candidate looking to make their final move. The firm offers a collegiate atmosphere and an interesting and varied caseload.
Salary c£85K dependent on experience.
Could we ask that all applications and/or enquiries are made by email in the first instance. As ever, your privacy is absolutely assured; all information is completely confidential and we will never pass on your details or reveal your identity to anyone without your express permission.