JOB TYPE: Permanent
JOB TITLE CNC Field service Engineers and Technician
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of ambitions personnel who are acting as an employment agency.
We are currently recruiting for Field Service Engineers and Technicians to work for a Machinery refurbishing business based in Bourne.
We would welcome applications from candidates who are skilled in both electrical and mechanical principles, preferably with a previous background of maintaining CNC equipment within a manufacturing environment.
Key skills required include Fault-finding on a wide variety of bespoke equipment, diagnosing and repairing CNC machines at the customers’ premises throughout the UK and Ireland.
Considerable travel is required as machines are located throughout the UK and Ireland. Regular overnight stays are expected. Some weekend working is to be expected too. Accommodation is fully expensed.
You will be required to:
* Travel across the UK servicing CNC Machines
* Consider ways in which to increase the operational efficiency and runtime percentage by minimising downtime.
* Undertake reactive and planned preventative maintenance on CNC machine tools, CNC Routers, in accordance with machine specific checklists.
* Undertake fault diagnosis and rectify major and minor faults.
* Undertake repairs and rebuild ancillary items, including guarding and swarf/dust chutes.
* Provide customer guidance with regards best working practices, instruct how best to look after their “Health-Check” machines, and provide sound advice generally.
* Install and test new and used CNC machines and undertake relocations (using skates and hydraulic jacks provided), and work with professional machine movers and specialised lifting equipment.
* Check, adjust and reset CNC and PLC parameters for spindle and cutting tool offsets, etc.
* Effectively manage your own time in order to complete all planned, unplanned engineering duties
* A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements and the drive and ambition to develop and improve site performance standards.
The working hours are flexible it could start from 6am to finish, travelling across all UK sometimes having to stay over with accommodation and expenses paid.
The following are essential requirements of the role:
* Understand and follow electrical and pneumatic circuit wiring diagrams
* Understand and interpret mechanical drawings
* Understand and follow mechanical standards.
* Skilled in using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring tools
* Experience in fitting and welding processes to undertake repairs and create parts that may be required to repair machinery.
* Understand and adhere to Electronic and Electrical wiring and regulations.
* Taking care and pride in work, always delivering to the highest standard of workmanship at all times.
* Work to a high standard of conduct and courtesy at all times.
* Have a methodical approach to fault finding and solving complex problems.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Free parking
* Expenses paid
* 20days holiday + bank holidays
* Permanent opportunity
* Pension Scheme
To apply, please contact Magda Kucinska (Apply online only) or email a CV to ;
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful