Job DescriptionHomework Coach
We are hiring dedicated, energetic individuals with a passion for making a positive difference for 6th - 12th-grade students who haven't had success in traditional classroom settings. Our customized one-teacher-to-one-student classroom provides an opportunity for someone special to meet each student's learning style within an accredited curricula program making a real difference one student, one class at a time.
Our instructors are trained to teach with a gradual release approach that meets students where they are and leads them to growth. Our philosophy is an approach that balances students' academic, social, and life skills goals while keeping them on track to graduation.
Students attend Brightmont Academy campuses for multiple reasons including; social and learning challenges with learning disabilities, attention deficits, emotional issues, health concerns or other individual special needs. Our students look to our instructors for better learning strategies needed for school and career success. Our campuses provide a safe, inviting and enjoyable learning space for students who need more flexible schedules, want the opportunity to advance, or desire confidence as a lifelong learner. Our students grow towards their goals because of our engaging, creative, subject-loving, passionate instructors.
If you are looking for a challenging, high-energy role that's purpose is to create “outside-the-box” pathways for students to meet standard learning goals, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Essential to the job role:
- Demonstrate “whole student” pedagogy demonstrating awareness of student's learning style, interests, and special needs and the ability to coach students for success
- Employ advanced instructional methods and adjust instructional strategies based on assessments, standards, and goals to meet each student's learning needs
- Cultivate a learning relationship that encourages student growth by offering positive, effective ways to encourage and motivate each student
- Demonstrate self-initiative creative thinking to make instruction fun and connecting while balancing high expectations and pacing for student outcomes
- Increase students' academic confidence and engagement through positive interactions
- Be “part of the team” and create an organizational culture that promotes learning as an exciting and enjoyable experience for students
- Demonstrate proactive leadership skills by evaluating students' goals every step of the way and adjust instruction as needed
- Possess professional communication skills, including strong listening and transparent reporting skills with campus and organizational departments
- Demonstrate an understanding of teaching objectives and reaching core concepts
- Demonstrate professionalism in all communications on campus
- Seek feedback from director and colleagues; escalate concerns appropriately and timely
- Respect student confidentially
Essential experiences and skills:
- Enjoys the challenges of teaching and meeting the individual needs of students
- 4 year Bachelor's degree; preferred master's degree
- Demonstrates proficiency of technology resources, tools, and curricula
- Experience using Google Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Maintenance skills for lesson coverage, grades and pacing progress
- Positive professional communication skills; written, verbal, and non-verbal
- Able to provide quality and effective instructional strategies
- Able to provide fingerprints (AZ, WA, only) and pass a federal background screening
Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and promote the philosophy, mission, and pillars of Brightmont Academy.
The particular job duties of this position may change based upon the needs of Brightmont Academy. Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor. Brightmont Academy reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet its operational needs.
Brightmont Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Our intent is to recruit, hire, and train all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, sexual preference, or any other protected status.