Company: THE NORTHEAST INDEPENDENT LIVING PROGRAM, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Who are we? NILP is a rapidly growing nonprofit agency that assists persons with all types of disabilities who wish to live independently in their community throughout Northeast Massachusetts. NILP provides five core services: Advocacy, Peer Counseling, Information and Referral, Independent Living Skills Training, and Transition. NILP believes in consumer control and self-direction and provides these services with the knowledge that persons with disabilities are the best determinants of their needs and goals.
Position Overview: The Bilingual Flex Housing Specialist is responsible for working with individuals referred to NILP. The Housing Specialist is a member of the Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) department at NILP. This position will help facilitate housing support services as a recognized social determinant of health to advance health care and community-based support.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely in a "person-centered" approach with individuals who are determined to be at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness.
- Conduct a thorough assessment with the consumer to identify housing barriers such:
- Current challenges they are experiencing related to community living.
- Access to formal and informal supports.
- Level of assistance needed in obtaining required supports.
- Determining appropriate housing needs preferences.
- Educate members on best practices related to conducting a housing search and the various housing programs available to them.
- Identifying and connecting the consumer with financial resources, assistive technology, home modifications, or other services that will allow them to remain in their current housing situation.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel independently are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field desired. May be substituted with equivalent experience living with a disability.
- Experience in the human service field and coordinating services, preferably related to housing services
- The ideal candidate will possess proficient computer skills, good communication skills- both written and verbal, is organized, able to multitask, and detailed oriented.
The Northeast Independent Living Program, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons with disabilities, women, and persons of color to apply for this position.Job Posted by ApplicantPro