A Job Costing Estimator and Plannerof pools construction projects, involving the collection, analysis, and record of historical and current market data related to the factor-costs of a project. Should be skilled in numbers and construction costs codes, critical and knowledgeable of construction principles and prices.
1. Analyze technical proposals, work orders, invoices, bills, design, plans, work sequence, projects scope, job phases, and cost associated to collect data and develop projects & jobs cost codes.
2. Calculate and organize all cost items by category.
3. Analyze projects documentation and respective budgets to identify, improve, and/or perform the Cost and Work Breakdown Structure of projects and to record detailed line-costs.
4. Review, collect and analyze technical and financial data of projects and proposals, including design, the scope of work, plans, work sequence, change of orders, invoices, and bills, to perform detailed projects’ cost breakdown by phase, recording data in an appropriate friendly user-software-application tool.
5. Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, other bids, job reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures for projects estimates and cost breakdown.
6. Analyze, determine, perform, and record min.-average-max. numbers on detailed cost breakdown using historical and current bench-market data on projects and change of orders.
7. Build and record appropriate portfolios for sub-contractors, material suppliers, and rental equipment & tools, according to technical and financial historical data and the current market.
8. Perform all other duties and additional responsibilities as assigned.
9. Collect and analyze projects data to determine other costs of design and construction activities.
10. Actively research and develop sources/suppliers/vendors for compiling and maintaining an accuracy of cost information.
11. Write a variety of financial and job-costing reports.
· Preferable Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Engineering, Industrial, or Architecture; or any degree with construction/design-related experience.
· Professional Cost Estimator Certification preferred, not require
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within cost estimating.
· Knowledgeable of construction industry standards and labor rates.
· Proficient with working in excel.
· Ability to understand and accurately interpret construction documents (drawings, specifications, contracts/general conditions) at all levels of design.
· Become proficient in using a specific in-company user-friendly job estimating, planning, and job cost control. (Assistance & Training provided)
Part-time flexible hours
Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Our long-term goal is to put a million people to work annually. We are committed to the vision of helping as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. Our offices offer a full range of employment solutions, including evaluation hire, temporary staffing, professional search, and human resources, focusing on a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. For more information, contact us at #removed#/miamidadesouthfl
Role: Cost Estimator and Planner
Apply for this job now.