STAFFWORKS Employment Solutions a ULG Company and Gilchrist and Soames is currently looking for experienced 1st and 2nd Shift machine operators and packers to work the Plainfield, IN area to start on Monday, 10/22/18. You will have to attend the orientation to be able to start. These are temp to direct opportunities with full benefits upon going direct. Our client has been in business since 1975.
Job Fair will be held Thursday, 10/18/18, at 10am
Orientation will be held at
Gilchrist and Soames
2425 E Perry Road Suite 150
Plainfield, IN 46168
Directions to Gilchrist & Soames
I-70 W/St. Louis (stay to the left I-70 W past the airport)
Take exit #66/IN-267/Mooresville/Plainfield onto Quaker Blvd (IN-267 N) Turn right.
Turn right (first stop light) onto Perry Rd, ( aka E Hadley Rd, E County Road 600 S. )
Turn right (first stop light) onto Clarks Creek Road
Turn left (first left turn) onto Manchester (You will see 2425 Number on the building.)
Manchester will take you to the front of our building.
A STAFFWORKS Representative will meet you in the lobby and guide you to a secured facility area. You may arrive between 9:45a and 10:00a should you arrive prior to 9:45a you will not have access into the facility.
Please park at the far (North) end of the parking lot and wear comfortable shoes (athletic) for the facility tour.
You have two options to register with STAFFWORKS!
- Please go to #removed# and click "Job Seekers Apply Here". Once you have completed the online application a STAFFWORKS representative will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Contact the STAFFWORKS office (317.202.5000) to schedule a time in our office to complete the application and interview.
- Packs bottles into cases.
- Performs Quality Control checks on all bottles packed.
- Checks bottles for proper code identification.
- Erect cases.
- Palletizes finished cases.
- Performs Quality Control checks on all pallets before they are transferred to the warehouse.
- Complies with all Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined by "Client" and governmental institutions.
- Performs hourly counts & fills out the appropriate paperwork.
- Fill bottle & cap hoppers.
- Make and print case labels out of database.
- Performs hand-filled production with minimal supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with others in a team setting.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Good math skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Manufacturing / Warehouse experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum Education or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Previous Machine Operator experience required.
Pick/Pack experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capacity to read and process complex material and compose clearly written communications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in daily operations.
- Above average communication skills (written, verbal, etc.) and the ability to work effectively with employees, employees, administrators and the public.
- Convey a positive, professional, and helpful image.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, sit, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Tobacco-free and drug-free, climate controlled working and learning environment. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, due to the number of persons working in a limited amount of space, there can be distractions. Position demands meeting deadlines with severe time restraints.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. These statements are not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his or her supervision.
We are a fresh building block in the Staffing Arena providing Employment Solutions in Office Services, Light Industrial and Technical disciplines. Our focus is getting to know our employees and clients to determine the best employment solution.
Role: Packers & Machine Operators - 1st and 2nd shifts -Orientation 10/18/18
Apply for this job now.