Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Technician - £Competitive salary + Benefits - Luton, United Kingdom - Full Time, Permanent
Offering an excellent rate of pay, a friendly working environment, a secure position in a leading automotive company awarded as one of Britain's top employers, and an array of company benefits, we are looking for a hardworking and experienced Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Technician.
Vauxhall Motors is not only a leading brand in the automotive industry but is also known and awarded as one of Britain's top employers. Our maintenance department is a diverse group of individuals supporting a wide range of machinery, robotics and control systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Technician, able to perform fundamental Maintenance tasks, to join our friendly team in Luton. You will be currently qualified (minimum of City and Guilds Level 3, or EU equivalent).
- Training and development
- Competitive salary
- Company life assurance scheme
- Manufacturing related bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Inclusion on the company car scheme
Role responsibilities for Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Technician:
- Maintain, repair and complete improvements on all equipment
- Attend to equipment breakdowns and work with the team to get production operational
- Carry out various predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance processes, providing appropriate feedback to your supervisor
- Complete various reports and develop/update working procedures and safe practices, including risk assessments, job instructions and planned/preventative maintenance
- The successful candidates will be must be prepared to work on a rotating shift system that could include nightshifts
Requirements for the Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Technician:
- Minimum of City and Guilds Level 3 required (or EU equivalent)
- Full apprentice/Undergraduate degree is preferred
- Must be happy to work nightshifts
- Ability to perform fundamental Maintenance tasks
- Good working knowledge of various automated manufacturing systems, including robotic applications (welding, handling, sealing, hemming) PLC's, resistance welding, conveyor systems, jigs and fixtures
- Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse throughput and quality data in relation to equipment performance and act upon it accordingly
- Ability to use your excellent general mechanical/electrical skills
- This role requires flexibility with regards to mechanical/electrical versatility and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Good communication skills and self-motivated
- A good understanding of relevant Health and Safety processes and procedures
- Strong practical knowledge of continuous improvement processes and of predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance processes
Vauxhall, a brand of PSA Groupe, is an equal opportunity employer.