We are seeking an intelligent, responsible, hardworking, detail oriented person to join our Park Avenue Ophthalmology practice. This person will oversee all areas of the daily operations of the practice and will be responsible for ensuring a positive patient experience through all aspects of patient care, while setting the tone for the highest level of customer service.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Plan, oversee and manage the daily activities of the practice
• Support and work closely with the clinical staff to provide the highest level of medical/surgical care, along with exemplary customer service
• Supervise front office staff patient, including scheduling, registration, data entry, time of service collections and handling of medical records
• Identify and resolve operational issues and problems
• Handle patient issues/ complaints
• Recruit, hire and train staff on the practice’s processes and procedures
• Ensure staffing is appropriate for day to day operations
• Work closely with billing office to optimize collections
• Responsible for maintenance and ordering of supplies (i.e., working with outside vendors)
• Oversee file and storage rooms
• Coordinate employee lunches
• Perform other duties assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a medical setting
A professional, polished appearance and a positive, warm, friendly personality
Prior experience in a management role, including supervisory experience
Knowledge of, and experience with, patient scheduling and registration, insurance verification, and medical office operations
Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Excellent telephone and face to face communication and interpersonal skills
Strong computer/analytical skills
Superior organization skills and attention to detail
The ability to remain focused and organized while answering phone, scheduling appointments, checking emails and performing other office duties
Reliability, maturity, and dependability are essential
Ability to work in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently
This is a full time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Ours is a fast paced, beautiful working environment, with wonderful staff and lovely patients. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence.
Fast paced, beautiful working environment, with wonderful staff and lovely patients. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence.
Role: Medical Office Manager
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.