GFI Digital, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for a full time DigitalNET Engineer to add to our DigitalNET team in Champaign, Illinois. Candidates must be dynamic individuals who are able to build strong customer relationships. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
The DigitalNET Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operation of Managed Network Services clients computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. Strong customer service, effective communication and proactive work on behalf of our clients is required. He/she will also analyze and resolve end-user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training when required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
· Perform network design and capacity planning
· Develop, implement and maintain policies/procedures for network resource, administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery
· Establish service level agreements for users
Acquisition & Deployment
· Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices
· Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
· Manage servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software
· Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
· Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPS’s
· Ensure network connectivity of all workstations
· Document all aspects of customer environments
· Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
· Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
· Perform server and security audits
· Perform system backups and recovery
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
· Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs
· Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Formal Education & Certification
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience
· Certifications in Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco & others is a plus but not required
Knowledge & Experience
· Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows and other operating systems
· Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office Suites and other software applications
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
· Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Working with and coordinating vendor activities
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products
· Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· On-call availability
· Local travel to customers
· Limited overnight travel
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
· Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
GFI Digital offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, and a company matched 401K retirement program to all full-time employees.
GFI was established in 1999 by our local owner Bruce Gibbs. We have grown to be a stable $60 million dollar company and are continuing to grow with an upward of 10% annually. We have over 16,000 placements of two of the most trusted names in the business Sharp and Ricoh equipment. GFI provides Multi-Functional including mobile printing, managed printer services, managed network services and software connectivity solutions.
GFI's local warehousing, IT, service technicians, support team, and national dealer partnerships has given us the title of a Pro's Elite Dealer. Only 100 dealers in the nation, with one per market, are awarded this title solely based on how well GFI service performs compared to our other competitive dealers. We are honored to have this award for 3 years in a row.
With our ability to customize any technology solution to your specific company's needs and stand behind that solution makes us an invaluable partner not only now but as your company continues to change.
Role: Network Engineer
Apply for this job now.