Our client was founded in 1979 and is located in St. Michael, Minnesota and has grown to become an innovative leader in the production and distribution of quality meat, poultry, seafood and deli products, for both retail and foodservice.
Today they are still family owned and operated and continues to live by the values instilled in them so many years ago - Service. Integrity. Respect. - for their customers, associates, consumers and the communities in which our client operates. When you join our client’s team, they guarantee that you’ll always be treated honestly, fairly and respectfully. Because that’s the only way they know how to do business. If you want a truly great place to work with great career opportunities, look no further than our client's company. Logistics Specialist:
The Logistics Specialist will be in charge of developing new and existing carrier relationships. In this role, the Logistic Specialist will negotiate rate with cost-effective and dependable outside carrier to handle inbound/outbound shipment. It also protect against claim and other legal issues and solicits carrier rate quote and manage that data while determining optimal carrier based on load origin and destination. The Logistics Specialist will ensure all appropriate carrier documentation entered into their systems. This position reports directly to Director of the Logistics Team.Responsibilities:
- Oversee outside carrier load assignment process from tender through on-time pick-up and delivery.
- Develop new and existing carrier relationships. Negotiate rate with cost-effective and dependable outside carrier to handle inbound/outbound shipment.
- Ensure all appropriate carrier documentation is entered into Aljex that includes: insurance, MC number, authority, and a valid, signed service contract.
- Develop shipment confirmation forms and distribute to outside carrier.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound shipment with Partner sales, transportation,
- warehouse and receiving office including planning, documentation, and procedure control.
- Conduct data entry into WMS and provide follow-up to ensure on-time pickup and delivery.
- Promote available load opportunity to providers.
- Work with Commodity Exchange Group on space availability, schedule appointments, line up backhaul and communicate pertinent information.
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field is REQUIRED.
- Effective Communication skills are REQUIRED.
- 2-3+ years of prior experience OR College Degree with Internships in Logistics and/or a couple years of Freight Brokerage.
- Analysis/Problem Solving:
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task, handling frequent interruptions and shifting of priorities.
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
- Experience in Decision-Making:
- Work on a variety of projects independently, while maintaining proper communication with the manager.
- High degree of professional integrity is REQUIRED.
- Prior experience in being result orientated and possessing a positive attitude is a MUST.
- Maintain the ability to be responsive to industry and economic changes.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy is essential.
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
- Experience being a Team Player: Works well as a member of a group.
- Enthusiastic Individual: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest.
- Dedication: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Incentive Plan and Standard Benefits.
Role: Logistics Specialist
Location: Saint Michael,
Apply for this job now.