Our client is in need of a Software Engineer to join their team immediatley. JOB SUMMARY:
Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development for instrumentation used for monitoring behavior and physiology in lab animals as well as instrumentation for environmental research. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Develops and direct software system testing procedures, programming and documentation.
- Store, retrieve and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' experience in software development.
- Experience developing/designing desktop software (C#/.NET preferred).
- Experience with designing user interfaces (WPF/XAML preferred).
- Working knowledge of embedded systems / hardware preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
This position operates in an office and manufacturing setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time as well as reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist or lifting as required to file documents, pack orders or store materials throughout the workday. Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.