Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Detailer cleans and refurbishes new and used automobiles. Conforms to dealership and/or manufacturer specifications and time allowances.
- Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows and wipes down doorjambs. Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surface. Applies dressing on tires and tire wells. Fills vehicle with fuel.
- Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris. Cleans upholstery, rugs and other surfaces, using appropriate cleaning agents, applicators and cleaning devices. Applies revitalizers and preservation agents to interior vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot- and stain-resistant chemicals.
- Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents. Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following product manufacturer's recommendations.
- Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery and poor mechanical operation. Replaces missing or defective small parts.
- Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery and painted surfaces. Uses touch-up paint, dyes and other appropriate materials.
- Maintains showroom and stock vehicles in clean and presentable condition at all times.
- Ensures proper stickers are displayed in the vehicle's window. Removes all window stickers on sold vehicles.
- Keeps work area neat and clean. Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner. Uses proper eye, hand and body protection when using products that require protection. Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Powered by JazzHR