POSITION SUMMARY: Job requires producing precision parts using a CNC Bystronic Laser. This includes the use of hand tools and fabrication equipment; while maintaining quality and safety standards as well as maintaining records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Review and execute parts from Engineering prints, bill of materials, etc
- Program, set-up and edit numerical controls.
- Must be able to use Fabrication Equipment (Saws, press breaks, and hand tools), to construct the final product
- Provide basic preventative maintenance on the machine
- Must be able to review Work Orders, follow directions and execute.
- Must give attention to detail
- Must be able to stand and work with hands for the duration of the shift, will require lifting metal material over 45 lbs
- Must be able to work extended hours and Saturdays if needed
- Leverage and use Global Shop System to document actions by completing required work orders, to view or print misc. documents, labels, etc. (electronic logs)
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Participate in required meetings, continuous improvement training and other required classes
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, and procedures
Requirements of All Employees:
- Using your best efforts and full capability daily to work assigned to you by your supervisor
- Advising your supervisor if you do not understand the work they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advising your supervisor of any situations or obstacles that could keep you from accomplishing the work assigned to you.
- Advising your supervisor of any situations or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the work assigned to you.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information and prints.
- Teamwork - Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ability to read and speak English to comprehend and participate in safety, hazard communication, company meetings and continuous training.
- Ability to use and understand basic computer skills.
- Reliable transportation
Hiring Event Geremarie 1275 Ensell Road Lake Zurich, IL September 15, 2018 8:30 AM - 12:00 Noon
GereMarie is a fully integrated engineering and manufacturing company specializing in automated 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC milling, automated CNC turning with live tools, Y-axis, sub-spindles, automated multitasking machining centers, complemented by swiss turning, laser cutting, laser marking, assembly and full metrology lab with industry-leading CMM with scanning technology. Finishing processes include polishing, brushing, peripheral brushing, vibratory and a fully automated in sourced anodizing line. Servicing the Marine, Commercial, Industrial, Aerospace, and Defense industries.
Role: Laser Technician - Raw Materials
Location: Lake Zurich,
Apply for this job now.