Mathnasium of Marina del Rey has an opening for a math instructor to work with students in grades K-12. Curriculum and materials are pre-determined for each student, and the instructor will apply the teaching methods presented during training.
- Exceptional math skills through Algebra I and Geometry
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Energetic and confident personality
- Ability to teach students in upper level high school math courses
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with students
The learning center environment is supportive and encouraging. Applicants should love teaching and be able to motivate students to success.
Hours may vary, but could include mid-afternoon through evening hours, Monday - Friday, and mid-afternoon through early evening hours Saturday and Sunday. Approximately 15-20 hours per week (flexible). Starting compensation is $10-$15/hour depending on experience.
Reply with resume and cover letter. IN YOUR COVER LETTER, INCLUDE DETAIL ABOUT YOUR MATH COMPETENCY, EXPERIENCE TEACHING OR WORKING WITH STUDENTS, AND AVAILABILITY.
Mathnasium is an international chain of more than 740 learning centers where students attend after school to boost their math skills. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Mathnasium Learning Centers specialize in teaching kids math the way that makes sense to them. Mathnasium has been ranked as one of the fastest growing educational franchises in the world by Entrepreneur magazine, a Top 50 Franchise by Franchise Business Review and an AllBusiness AllStar Franchise.
Role: Math Instructor
Location: Marina del Rey,
Apply for this job now.