Position Title: Composite Technician
Location: Palo Alto CA
Pay Rate : $20.00
6-12 month contract
**BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED*
Composite Technician Position Description
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual interested in the opportunity to learn new skills. Exciting opportunities are available to join our diverse team in building spacecraft products geared towards communication satellites and next generation space products.
No Composite experience required. Must have a high school diploma and minimum 2 years hands on manufacturing work experience.
- Entry level Composite Technician
- Form pre-impregnated carbon fiber material on to contoured molds and vacuum bag for cure
- Perform bonding of composite assemblies consisting of various two part epoxies, metallic hardware, and carbon fiber hardware
- Follow written work instructions including blueprint, parts list, manufacturing specifications and process instructions.
- Perform precision measurements using calipers, micrometer, starrett scales and dial indicators.
- Follow safety guidelines and maintain a clean organized work area.
- Work efficiently by completing job assignments within the manufacturing time standards
- Work both independently on small jobs and as part of a larger team when working on larger hardware fabrication
- Produce quality Composite hardware that meets drawing specifications.
- Participate in 5s activities including cleaning and organization of the work areas
- Maintain good attendance and adhere to shift start time and scheduled break times.
- Work 40 hours a week, M-F 5:30am-2:00pm
- Work overtime when requested to support company schedule
- High School diploma required
- Minimum 2 years hands on manufacturing work experience required, 4 years preferred
- Must be a self-starter willing to learn composite manufacturing skills in a fast paced working environment.
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to learn quickly, plan, and adapt
- Goal oriented; willing to take responsibility and to be held accountable
- Positive attitude and Good teamwork skills a must
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and follow process instructions and have the ability to perform on learned layup and assembly techniques
- Demonstrate dexterity using general manufacturing hand and measuring tools; scissors, utility knife, calipers, scales etc.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Must be able to pass background check
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please reply to the following questions:
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?
The Norland Group has been in operation successfully since 1996. We are a strong believer of people management, professionalism and accountability. We only make promises when we are certain we can fulfill them. Our business focuses on fulfilling the needs of commercial and government customers in administrative services, workforce mobilization, information technology, engineering, project management services.
Our Mission Statement
Our main goal is to provide career advancement opportunities to our associates. We are committed to bringing our customers exceptional support services with the highest quality, integrity, and innovation. We believe that we are the stepping stone for our associates to advance their careers and to live a better life. Everyone should have a chance to live a successful and happy life. We operate our business based on those values and we choose employees who value the same principles.
Role: Composite Technician
Location: Palo Alto,
Apply for this job now.