The Insurance Operations Manager is responsible for management and oversight of the CannGen Insurance Services Insurance Operations department and the accurate, timely and efficient completion of all Underwriting Support activities. The Insurance Operations Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for making sure that all workflows and procedures are effective, efficient and that they meet the needs of the underwriters and producers that the Insurance Operations group services.
Under direction of the Chief Operating Officer, he or she performs the essential functions of the position, which includes but is not limited to duties as described below:
1. Actively manage, coach and mentor our expanding group of insurance operations professionals.
2. Effectively manage operations and processes associated with policy service activities (i.e., support business from initial submission through policy issuance and accounting for the policy life cycle).
3. Be a functioning “player/manager” who is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of Insurance Operations and more specifically the workflows, processes, procedures and systems that CannGen utilizes.
4. Participate in the implementation of long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve policy service objectives.
5. Implement best practices in all areas of the Insurance Operation department
6. Serve as an escalation point for underwriters and producers for operational issues.
7. Ensure that the Insurance Operations department and all its personnel are meeting or exceeding formally established performance metrics
8. Identify performance improvement areas and provide recommendations.
9. Communicate Operational performance levels including areas of concerns to management.
10. Collaborate with underwriting and other service staff to identify training needs, assess quality/performance standards for the Insurance Operations staff and ensure priorities are responsive to marketing, underwriting and retention decisions.
11. Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships through on-going dialogue with UW Management, Underwriters & agents/brokers. Meet with them to assess operations performance and identify/resolve issues/problems.
12. Participate in the implementation of operational and policy service strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards.
13. Provide management and operational reporting information to the appropriate recipients.
14. Assure all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service and expense management focus.
15. Demonstrate qualities of a strong leader - setting the direction and culture of the department
16. Follow and assist in the enforcement of all Company policies, procedures and guidelines at all times;
17. Foster a highly focused training and development environment that is constantly improving the operational skills of the entire team;
18. Comply with state and federal laws, Department of Insurance criteria, insurance carrier criteria and follow and enforce CannGen Insurance Services policies, procedure and work rules equally and consistently;
19. Ability to work and make excellent decisions with little to no supervision;
20. Work together with our technology team to improve our technology work flow and technology systems
21. Ensure that the lines of communication with staff, underwriters, other company departments and senior management are strong, accurate, effective and efficient.
22. Ensure the completion of all necessary Insurance Operations activities in order to provide the highest levels of service to our underwriters and producers, as well as meet all performance metric standards.
23. Other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. College degree preferred, but will consider significant on-point experience as a substitute.
2. Minimum of 6-12 years experience in the Insurance Industry preferred, with 3-6 years in a supervisory role in Insurance Operations preferred;
3. Ability to manage increased levels of responsibility;
4. Strong knowledge of insurance terminology, concepts and coverage preferred and ability to read analyze and interpret industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations;
5. Familiar with Microsoft Office and Agency Management Systems; ability to use the internet and adapt to new software programs and changes in technology;
6. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information;
7. Ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks;
8. Ability to solve practical problems; deal with concrete variables in situations; and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
9. Ability to adapt to a paperless environment;
10. Exceptional communication, organization, analytical and leadership skills;
1. Ability to develop excellent working relationships with staff, clients and insurance carriers;
2. Ability to communicate with others in an effective and friendly manner, one that is conducive to being a conscientious team member, fostering a spirit of good will, indicative of a professional environment and atmosphere;
3. Ability to be a team player and work cohesively with Company Partners and Companies staff to achieve company goals;
4. Able to represent the company in a professional manner and contribute to the corporate image;
5. Able to consistently provide excellent client service.
1. This is an exempt position which complies with alternative work schedule when applicable;
2. This work environment is fast-paced and accuracy is essential to successful task completion;
3. The office is that of a highly technical company supporting a paperless environment;
4. Physical efforts required include typing, repetitive fine motor skills, stooping; reaching, standing, lifting light objects under 10 pounds frequently and climbing occasionally (small step ladder to reach supplies).
Chief Operating Officer
Role: Insurance Operations Manager
Location: Rancho Cordova,
Apply for this job now.