Engineering Manager - FMCG - Up to £60,000 dependent on experience, plus excellent pension, life assurance and other benefits including 33 days holiday.
We have a great opportunity for a highly motivated Engineering Manager to join a leading packaging company based in Warwickshire. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will lead the engineering maintenance team in the delivery of all business objectives to agreed targets and will ensure all process and site service facilities equipment is reliable and available to produce products at the required quality.
- Ensuring the effective running of the Engineering Service function, making appropriate decisions for the downtime of critical plant allowing maintenance and Plant Engineers to assess the status of equipment and ensure it is fully functional and make planned repairs and upgrades.
- Manage risk to accepted level supporting the organization's strategic objectives in the areas of environmental, health and safety, asset availability, quality and productivity.
- To manage and support the Engineering team in the development, justification & delivery of CAPEX budgets and projects.
- Management of CI projects to improve the plant productivity, H&S and wellbeing of the employees.
- Continually challenge and develop our process flows and methods of operating to deliver upon our customer excellence programme.
- Identify, investigate and resolve any Reliability Engineering issues that arise, supervising and training individuals as appropriate and supporting the team with queries and concerns to develop an environment of trust and support that will encourage engagement and individual development.
- Responsibility for driving compliance of HSER standards.
- Significant experience in engineering management positions with demonstrable competencies in leadership and organisational management
- Experience in the development, management and reporting of revenue and capital budgeting
- Sound knowledge of a manufacturing environment and continuous improvement tools is essential.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of SAP systems
- Proven track record of performing at a high level in a customer centric commercial environment.
- Degree educated or hold an equivalent qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Strong people development skills with the ability to build strong relationships.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary of up to £60,000 (dependent on skills and experience) plus benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established multi-site packaging company with a world class reputation.