If you are a Primary Teacher who is looking for 1:1 tuition then we would love to hear from you!
We currently have an EYFS Looked After child who resides in the Newark area and who has not currently got a school place, so requires part time tuition in his foster placement. The child presents with SEMH and Attachment Disorder due to childhood trauma, and can be aggressive at times. Therefore, we are looking for a tutor who is not phased by this and who is able to keep calm and offer creative, engaging lessons with a nurturing approach.
You will be required to plan and deliver all of the lessons and resources, ideally offering creative, nurturing and play based activities tailored around the EYFS curriculum.
Expectations of the role:
- Planning and delivering work to a EYFS child, following the EYFS curriculum
- Offering a nurturing approach with creative and engaging lesson plans with Play Therapy at the core of the work
- Providing weekly feedback to Local Authority staff
- Working closely with Teaching Personnel and Local Authority staff to ensure all safeguarding procedures are followed at all times
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Providing daily attendance information and termly progress data
The hours will be 3 per day and the timings of these are flexible. This referral will be ongoing until further notice, until the child gets a new school place and it is likely that the tutor will be needed to support with transition into the school, therefore the student requirs a tutor who is dedicated and committed to their education on an ongoing basis.
Teaching Personnel have extensive CPD available so if you haven't worked as a tutor before, we can upskill you with our new Tutor Toolkit which covers various FREE CPD courses for our staff.
For additional information, please contact Emma Frost on 0115 6700105 or email #removed#