Graduate Teaching Assistant - Derbyshire - September 2021
Have you recently graduated with a degree in English, Maths, Science or Psychology and considering a career in teaching?
Would you like paid work experience in schools to help clarify if becoming a teacher is right for you?
If the answer is yes, our Future Teachers Programme may be the perfect option!
Teaching Personnel's Future Teacher Programme was created to addresses the teacher shortage and give graduates the opportunity to gain paid school-based experience as graduate teacher prior to embarking on a teacher training course.
The Future Teachers Programme is a fast track to teacher training and involves up to a 1-year placement as a graduate teacher whereby you will placed within one of our client schools located in Derby. During this placement you will be provided with full training and support in gaining all the necessary skills and experience to prepare you for teacher training, allowing you to become a successful teacher in the future.
Following successful completion of the Future Teachers Programme, you will then have the opportunity to begin your teacher training at an outstanding teacher training school located in the region.
Over the course of the placement, graduates will undertake a range of tasks from supporting student learning through one-to-one tuition to planning lessons for a class. Through every new experience, you will be supported by the school's senior leadership team and, if you decide teacher training is your next step, our partner school you are working within will give you the information you need to decide which route to gain your teaching qualification is most suitable.
Future Teachers Programme includes:
- One-to-one specific tuition/interventions where you are given the opportunity to utilise your subject knowledge and raise pupil attainment within your subject-specialist department
- SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs
- In-class support in your specialist subject to enhance pupils learning experience
- Cover supervisor work where you will experience covering lessons and classroom management
- Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to upskill you in this area
We currently have schools across Derbyshire that require graduates to join them as part of our Future Teachers Programme for a September start. We also have multiple other opportunities available and look forward to applications from those considering teacher training in the future.
To apply, please upload your CV and cover letter below.
We look forward to hearing from you!