Essential Job Functions:
As a project manager / project engineer supporting the UTAS Equipment team, the candidate will be responsible for managing and tracking component and assembly configurations, document workflow from engineering, and information from suppliers. The role of a project engineer will require the candidate to be organized, possess excellent communication skills, adapt to a team environment, and have excellent data management skills. As part of a QuEST team the candidate will use a combination of team and individual skills to provide excellent service to the customers:
- Validating and maintaining Document Tracking files.
- Updating and creating MS Project schedules to support engineering need.
- Daily tracking of workflow documents.
- Daily updating spreadsheets pertaining to design tasks.
- Reporting weekly and monthly metrics for certain programs / departments.
- Create and revise configuration files.
- Candidates may be required to work 2nd shift schedules, and/or weekend overtime depending on customer schedules.
Secondary Job Functions:
At QuEST, we often challenge our team members to temporarily work outside the scope of their primary job functions to broaden their skills and help the organization. Some of these roles and opportunities include:
- Execution within multiple services
- Project Management: Execution and Support
- Technical Leadership and Technical Reviews
- Develop work instructions to ensure repeatability
- Personnel Management
- Onboarding and Professional Development: collaborate and mentor QuEST Team Members
- Cross-functional teams
- Geographic re-assignments
- Account Management and Sales
- Enabler roles, such as Human Resources, Technology Development, and IT
- Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- BS in Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred BS degree in Mechanical
- Proficient with Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to learn new software is required (MS Project).
- The candidate must have the ability to work well with others in a team setting, but also be able to learn take on new tasks on their own.
- Proficiency with TeamCenter is a plus, but not required.
Personal Work Attributes
- Strong teamwork, communication, and problem solving skills are required
- Self-motivated, disciplined, passionate, self-starting, and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal and networking skills
- Ownership and accountability for responsibilities
Core Value Alignment:
Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
Teamwork: Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Accountability: We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
Change Championship: The speed at which we adapt is critical to our success.
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
Typical Career Paths
- Technical Leadership: provide technical guidance, review other team members’ work, evaluate capabilities, develop team competencies, develop and improve technical processes, create technical collateral, and create technical tools.
- Managerial Leadership: project management, personnel management, alignment of team members’ efforts, set and evaluates annual goals, performance feedback, hire and onboard, and strategic business decision-making.
- QuEST is a rapidly growing world-wide company with a need for future global engineering leaders in our operations and sales organizations. Potential future roles could include operational business unit leader, global sales leader, or technical service line leader.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments. Occasional Shop Floor involvement
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Chula Vista
Compensation Type: Salary
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Reports to: Team Lead (may also take direction from project manager)
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST’s culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, and Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world. The company now employs over 6,800 engineers with aspirations of continued successful growth and innovation.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.
QuEST Global Services-NA, Inc.
333 East River Drive, Suite 301
East Hartford, CT 06108
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Role: Equipment Project Engineer
Location: Chula Vista,
Apply for this job now.