- Manage and coordinate the production and activities of Supervisor, Team Leader, and employees.
- Act as a liaison between customers and production to ensure the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between or within departments.
- Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Forecast production and customer demands.
- Deal with unique circumstances and special requests.
- Problem solve in regards to shipping errors, material shortage, new project launches and cancellation of orders.
- Analyze inventory usage, scrap and shrinkage.
- Develop long-term goals and strategies to meet business objectives.
- Execute decisions based on business conditions in congruence with corporate vision.
- Gather and analyze information from work sites to identify root causes in resolving business issues.
- Direct and assign work schedules, assignments, tasks and duties.
- Train and develop employees to perform job duties according to company procedures and policies for safety and accuracy.
- Monitor results and processes to proactively maximize production and eliminate waste.
- Prepare departmental reports and present them to executive management.
- Complete necessary documentation, such as status changes, time-off requests and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with other Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and team members in sharing information to address business needs.
- Develop and implement standard work instructions.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with TS 16949 and ISO 14001 procedures and standards.
- Perform 5-S activities.
- Experience working within Tier 1 or Tier 2 supplier
- 8+ years of experience in production or inventory control is preferred
- 2+ years in a management role
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable in Shipping, Receiving , Order selection & Logistics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in production planning in a lean environment
- Experience in managing both internal & external supply chain
- Strong customer relations skill set
- Strong project management skills
- Strong process development skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- ISO/TS knowledge is preferred
- Experienced in raw material scheduling (Steel, purchased parts ) in a lean environment
Since 1984, The Reserves Network has been providing employment opportunities in the office, industrial, professional and technical markets. We place nearly 20,000 employees at our 40+ operating locations in the Midwest, Southeast and Northeast - this includes temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct-hire. Visit #removed# to view our available opportunities near you!
Role: Production Control Manager
Apply for this job now.